Sunday, May 30, 2010

Where to live?

When I think back to when I was a young girl I always thought I would be married with at least one child by 26, well things don't always go as planned. I would never guess that at 25.5 years old I would be living back in my parent's house. It's not terrible, but I can't wait to get out of here either. My whole plan was to move in for a bit and then buy my own place, once again I am not sure everything is going to as planned.

I am really torn on what to do with my whole living situation, here are my ideas:

1) Live at home as long as possible, save, save, save (which never happens) and buy a condo/house. But honestly am I really ready to by a homeowner? It is so much work, but at least I am not throwing my money away.

2) Stay at my parent's house until September, move out and rent.

3) Move out now and start renting....

As if those 3 choices are hard enough I am torn where to live:

1) I have always wanted to live in the city, I am a city girl at heart that was somehow born in suburbia. I think why I love the city so much is because my dad grew up in the city, so he would always take us to these great restaurants, festivals, and parks. Also if I live in the city I will be very close to my work. My friends Christine and Amy both live in duplexes in South City, and love it. Although I have never seen Amy's place, Christine's is adorable, plus she has Francis Park right outside her house which is just beautiful. I currently live in a duplex now and I am not sure how much I like it.

2) Kirkwood/Webster area. More suburban, but close to family, especially my grandma who needs my help.

Then I am torn if I rent do I:

A. Live by myself? I know it's pricey, but sometime I think I am ready to be on my own...

B. Apartment vs house? I think living in an apartment is a great way to meet ppl, but sometimes you can just hear everything thru the walls... But the good thing with apartments a lot of time the rent covers some of the utilities and typically with houses you are on your own...


This sounds sooo silly to stress about but it's CONSTANTLY on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment