Saturday, December 11, 2010

Back to December.



Ahhh the holidays are here, time for cheer eh?

When I think of Christmas I think of the last Christmas my father was alive (2003). Our traditional breakfast in our pajamas. Jokes. Laughter. I took this Christmas for granted, as I did every year. I didn't know this would be my last Christmas with my dad or my final 2 weeks with him. I remember him teasing me because I asked for a Tim McGraw CD, and he couldn't stomach the idea of country music. I remember the Delta Zeta fleece he gave him, although he was very reluctant of me going Greek. I remember him throwing balls of wrapping paper across the room and Riley retrieving them.

The holidays have never been the same without him. We still get together as a family and do the traditional Christmas breakfast with all the gifts, there is just something missing without my father. He is greatly missed by all, but my family is blessed with 2 little nephews who make us all smile!







No comments:

Post a Comment