I would be lying if I didn't say I have a little extra meat on my bones, so usually it takes a lot for me to get cold... We keep our heat pretty low at our duplex to keep the gas bill down, and last night I thought it felt extremely cold. I looked at the thermostat which said the house was 62 but the heat was set at 63, so I turned the heat up to 67 and went to bed. Before bed I bundled up in sweats, a snuggie, socks, and extra blankets and drifted off into never never land. 6:45 am I am awake due frostbite. I am so cold I don't want to get out of bed to turn the heat up higher. After a few minutes I decide to make a run down the hall and turn up the heat, and although the heat is set at 67 the house is 57 degrees. I blast the heat up to 70, a new high for this house, and run back to bed. As I lay in bed I listen for the heat to turn on but don't hear it. I convince myself that I am too tired to hear the heat and try to go back to sleep... I borrow under my covers and pillows but can't get warm enough to go back to sleep...
I leave for work. My drive back home it begins to snow. I have high hopes that the heat will be blasting when I walk in the door. Instead I walk in and can see my breath...
Now it is 2 in the afternoon, the temperature in my place in 56 degrees and it is obvious the heater must be broken but my landlord has yet to respond to me about this problem.
I now realize how much I take a warm house for granted... But seriously let's get this heat back on...
No comments:
Post a Comment