Thursday, February 25, 2010

TGIF...

What a week...

Mondays I typically work "up North"... Well KC, especially up North, got hit with a nice icy mix... Well my little Cobalt loves to 360's on the most minimal ice, so I took a snow day. It wasn't much of a snow day because I felt sick... I guess having a broken heater all weekend will do that.

Tuesday started off rough with one of my families. I have a difficult time dealing with one of my kiddos behaviors. He is in such a negative atmosphere that he feeds off those negative vibes therefore acting out during a lot of my therapy. Like I try to encourage all my parents POSITIVE PRAISE makes such a difference but this little guy hears hardly anything positive. Before I could get to my three o'clock therapy there was a fatal shooting at the bus station connected to the daycare I goto which happened at 1:45... Therefore my day ended a little early.

"An 18-year-old man was shot to death this afternoon inside a bus transfer center at 39th Street and Troost Avenue.

The shooting occurred about 1:45 p.m. inside the 39th & Troost MetroCenter, which adjoins a child-care facility operated by the YMCA of Greater Kansas City.

Witnesses told police that the victim was with a group of people inside the bus waiting area on the northeast corner of the intersection and went outside briefly with the group before coming back inside and sitting down.

Another member of the group he had been talking with then walked back inside and shot him at least three times, according to police.

The suspect fled the area on foot. Two witnesses, one of them a juvenile, were being interviewed by detectives."


Wednesday was my half birthday... No I don't celebrate this but Andrew sent a "Happy Half Birthday" text which was sweet of him to remember because I sure didn't . Wednesday everything actually went as planned, nothing exciting except burger night at The Point.


Thursday started off well... And then I got bit... Second time this has happened on this job and both times it happened on a Thursday. This time was not as painful as the first, but who knew such a cute little girl could become so vicious when I pack up my toy bag. But the pain was quickly taken away when I ate some delicious Spin Pizza and ended with some gelato... But the night has a twist, just watching the local news and there was a shooting on the same block where one of my families live. The news says no one was killed but I am keeping this family in my thoughts.


Hopefully Friday goes smoothly....







1 comment:

  1. Erin, all I have to say is sounds like your job is a little scary at times. I am a baby and would be terrified to visit some of the houses/daycares that you go to on a weekly basis. Sounds like you are ready for the weekend.......so am I! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete