Monday, March 1, 2010

Earthquake in Chile Hits Home

Saturday was supposed to be a good day... And well it ended fine just started off a little "shaky"...

I knew something was wrong when Grandma O'Toole was calling at 7 am, that means something bad happened. I didn't answer because I was still asleep and knew she would leave a voicemail.... As I waited for her voicemail I tried to figure out what could possibly be wrong but I could not think of anything. I listen to the message and tears began to run down my face. I grab the remote and sure enough CNN is talking about exactly what my Grandma said....

HUGE EARTHQUAKE IN CHILE AND MY BROTHER IS DOWN THERE!!!

I think of the worst case scenario, he is dead... And I just can't stop crying. I text my family, my mom texts back that she just talked to his wife and he was fine... My heart slowly returns to a normal rate. I am supposed to be at a friend's apartment at 9 for breakfast, so I run out the door and of course step in dog shit (Honestly could this week get any worse).

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad i knew he was fine before i knew that their was a huge earthquake.

    ReplyDelete